Girl Scouts of Larchmont-Mamaroneck serves over 400 girls in close to 50 troops. Our Service Unit is comprised of girls in grades K-12 who attend school and/or reside in Larchmont, Mamaroneck and Rye Neck. We are part of Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson, Inc. (GSHH) which is a seven-county Council covering Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange, Rockland, Ulster and Sullivan Counties. Troops are currently meeting both virtually and in-person and have remained actively engaged during the past year, even in the midst of the pandemic. We were the only Service Unit in the Council to receive the President's Award this year, which recognized the breadth of our programming and commitment to meeting the goals of the organization.
Highlights from 2020-2021 include:
· 14 girls earned their Silver Award, the highest award for Cadette Girl Scouts.
· Ran a scavenger hunt that involved over 60 local businesses
· Delivered thank you gifts to over 450 local veterans on Veteran's Day
· Offered a Virtual Democracy Badge workshop with local government officials
· Designed and Decorated a Holiday Tree to Honor our local WWII heroes listed on the Kemper Memorial. Our tree won first place in the Village of Larchmont Tree Decorating Contest!
· Assembled toiletry kits for Midnight Run
· Sold over 34,500 boxes of cookies, including over 900 that were donated to the Larchmont Mamaroneck Hunger Task Force and over 5,000 sent to military troops and veterans.
· Provided backpacks and schools supplies for the Mamaroneck Child Development Center
· Offered a virtual program called "Girls Can Be Engineers" featuring author Jamila Lindo
Come Join the Fun! To inquire about troop availability, contact us with your daughter's name, school, and grade for Fall 2021.
We are looking for adult volunteers to lead troops!
Let us know if you are interested in learning more!
On my honor, I will try: To serve God and my country, To help people at all times, And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Take a sneak peek at all of the badges available to girls in topics ranging from STEM and the Outdoors to Life Skills and Entrepreneurship! Additional information can be found in the Volunteer Toolkit.
90 Harmon Drive, Larchmont, New York 10538, United States